May Pt. 2

Eurovision: Didn't pay much attention to it this year. Romania was pretty memorable. Netherlands probably had the least crappily composed song.

Spotify: Stalkees are listening to a terrible early 2000s pop playlist. I'd never actually heard "Stars Are Blind" so I listened to it, along with some of the other songs. Didn't enjoy it. I think most of the enjoyment from this stuff comes from nostalgia, and I don't have anything from that time period to reminisce about.

Abbe May: Kiss My Apocalypse was unenjoyable. The pretentious concept for it really didn't help. Way, way late to the poptimism party, and it really does seem to be trying to cash in on the female vocalist synth pop trend. Probably still would have cringed at a lot of it without having read that though.

Daft Punk: Haven't listened to all of it, but saw some stuff on Tumblr about how they're part of some '10s "sophisticated older person pop" wave, along with Beyonce and Justin Timberlake. Interest decreased.

Following up: Vampire Weekend's album is still enjoyable. I think I still like the first album more because of sentimental reasons. Entertainingly, a lot of critics seem uncomfortable with liking them. The National's album is growing on me, much like the previous ones. I'll probably like it more than 8.4. Like, like.

Arcade Fire: Just wanted to put in a prediction that their new album will be a flop. Additionally, their stuff doesn't seem to be on Spotify anymore. Thank God for this article!

Tuesday 28 May 2013
Comments Off