The People's List

The next time I get a lab placement, I'm going to TMS my brain until it fixes my musical preferences.

The list:

  • The xx is better than Moon & Antarctica? I have to give it another go then.
  • Boxer at 24. I think it's better than, say, The Suburbs, but that's not too bad.
  • Emergency & I at 103. The fuck. Of all the things to get 10, you all ignore this one!?
  • The poptimism movement seems to have helped Justin Timberlake, who came in at 114.
  • Pinkerton at 118. Thought people loved this album.
General:
  • So much Radiohead. I haven't even listened to Amnesiac or Hail To The Thief. Shh.
  • Onya, Avalanches, Tame Impala, and Cut Copy.
  • Sufjan Stevens > Bon Iver, hurrah.
  • Awaiting a thinkpiece lamenting the lack of female artists.
  • Lots of albums from Brooklyn.
  • Unsurprising that newer albums got more votes, though 2008 was a bad year: "...the rise of synthpop with acts such as Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Ne-Yo, Pitbull."
The voters:
  • I remember when I was a 15 year-old reading Pitchfork. The only age group that didn't have OK Computer at #1. Instead it's In The Aeroplane... Weirdos. 
  • Holy shit at the gender ratio. Only 12% of people of the voters are female. 
  • Lots of girls voted for Far. I like Regina Spektor, but that album was not good. Girls also liked Placebo. Shame.
  • Looked up Devendra Banhart to see if he was attractive. Nope.
  • How many people who ticked "Experimental" as their favourite genre just think they're cool for liking Radiohead and Animal Collective?
  • Australians loved Since I Left You, but New Zealand did not. Come on, we even give your people ARIAs!

Wednesday 22 August 2012
Categories: , , | Comments Off