A Person's List

Clickety click. I guess Pitchfork got tired of people complaining that they don't provide opportunities for reader interaction, etc.

I'm looking through other lists, and I bet that a lot of reviews are going to get changed as a result of this poll. People seem to love Transatlanticism, which got a joke review! Lots of Dark Was The Night, which I personally didn't think was that good, but okay.

The homogeneity is a little disheartening. My list seems to be missing a lot of things that everybody else is including, e.g. Animal Collective, Spiritualized, The Microphones, and a few other things that got 10.0s, but I haven't heard them yet. Heck, I'm somewhat ashamed that I know which albums got the perfect score.

While making my list, I realized that a disproportionate amount of stuff I like is from before my time. Some people think it's cooler to like old music, but I feel that I should like things that are coming out now, just so I can later say, "Yeah, I totally remember when that came out." Isn't that even cooler than liking something that everyone has liked for ages? You have to think about the long term!

Tuesday 14 August 2012
Categories: , | Comments Off