Last Month I Listened To:

No Spotify, I don't have an Android phone.

Catcall - The Warmest Place
Not as great as what the Australian media said, but also not as bad as what Pitchfork said. I really like "Satellites".

Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel...
I've already bought the CD, which says something about it! However, I can't help but think that the hype comes from the fact that her previous albums weren't given as much attention as they received.

Liars - WIXIW
Radiohead-ish. I didn't remember how any of it went after it finished, but I do remember enjoying it.

Jherek Bischoff - Composed
Orchestral pop with a few female vocalists. Nothing particularly exceptional, but I like this kind of thing.

The Cast of Cheers - Family
A Triple J feature album. Bloc Party meets summery indie pop. Very average.

Metric - Synthetica
Okay, Spotify, you can stop advertising this to me. I found it rather boring. Maybe it's a grower, whatever that means.

Japandroids - Celebration Rock
"The House That Heaven Built" is like this year's "Midnight City", so the album would also be this year's HUWD. But I like this one better.

DIIV - Oshin
Oh God, the reverb. Bits that have no singing are enjoyable.

Monday 2 July 2012
Categories: , , | Comments Off