April bits and bobs

Obligatory rant about this:
Did you think I grew up and chilled out about "Best Australian ___" lists? No! Never! Yeah, I know all the top 10 has to be MOR inoffensive stuff, and that's fine. But the likes of The Saints, The Go-Betweens, The Triffids not being in the top 20 is unacceptable. What is Savage Garden doing up there?

Tori Amos
Pitchfork gave the re-release of Little Earthquakes 8.6, so I'm listening to it again. I thought it was influential enough to score higher than that. I think they gave some Oasis reissue a higher score, and that's not right.

Another Japanese list
I wouldn't ordinarily pay attention to any Rolling Stone list, but this one is a bit odd. Merzbow in the same list as Utada Hikaru? Also, interesting points about record labels not liking these kinds of lists.

Katamari Fortissimo Damacy
First: oh my god Katamari Damacy is over 10 years old now. This album is amazing and I don't know how I've only just downloaded it now. Katamari On The Rocks is hilarious in a good way, which is not something I can often say about music. Even the grumpy people at rym like it. "It's the Japanese version of Illinois" summarizes its scope.



Sunday 19 April 2015
Comments Off