2013 Last.fm Stats

Top Artists:

1. The Go-Betweens [1,008]
2.  Vampire Weekend [408]
3.  You Am I [407]
4.  The National [397]
5.  Arcade Fire [388]
6.  Robyn Hitchcock [299]
7.  Kraftwerk [283]
8.  Dirty Projectors [278]
9.  Ben Salter [262]
10.  The Drones [247]


Top Tracks:

1. The Go-Betweens – Cattle and Cane [223]
Missed the train at Nambour Station and had to wait an hour for the next one. My friends and I spent it listening to this song and imagining a dystopian future Queensland. We also listened to it while making a gingerbread train the next day. Highlights of my life so far.

2. Camera Obscura – Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken [146]
I think I discovered this through RYM's top tracks. If my life was some cliche indie movie, this would be soundtracking me getting on a plane from Brisbane to Sydney.

3. The Go-Betweens – Streets of Your Town [124]
A cheery-sounding song with lyrics about shining knives and battered wives pretty much describes Brisbane perfectly.

4. Charli XCX – You're the One [111]
The rest of the album wore out quickly, but this one stayed on my high rotation playlist all year.

5. Ben Salter – The Coward [98]
Linking the video again. "I know all about beliefs, I just can't formulate any of my own."

6. Lorde – Ribs [98]
I like Lorde because she reminds me of when I was a pretentious 16 year-old with strong feelings about things. Being rational is boring sometimes.

7. The Go-Betweens – Dive for Your Memory [97]
You know what? I just really liked The Go-Betweens in 2013.

8. Rainbow Chan – Skinny Dipping [94]
Mess+Noise described her as a non-boring Julia Stone, so I had to check her out. The whole Long Vacation EP is great. This one just has heaps of plays because I got it off Unearthed and put it on my phone.

9. The Drones – Why Write A Letter That You'll Never Send [85]
My favourite song released in 2013. Sure, it has less plays than Ribs, but it goes for nine minutes! I never thought I'd love a song that's longer than five, but this has great lyrics. Shame about the random piano "plink" at the beginning.

10. Robyn Hitchcock – I Often Dream Of Trains [81]
I fell asleep after listening to this one day, was briefly woken by a Snapchat from a friend, then back to sleep and dreamed that I opened the Snapchat and it was a photo of my Spotify activity showing this song. Turned out my dream was correct.



Saturday 4 January 2014
Categories: , , | Comments Off