Ten months ago

I was recommended this song. Some people say it's a crappy pop song, probably because it got big enough for this and this to happen. One possible interpretation of the song is that it's about drugs. There is definitely a sinister undertone to it, like the lyrics, "you only reap just what you sow", but then a decent amount of people seem to think it's a simple love song, so I don't know. The ambiguity is my favourite thing about it. The bizarre chord progression of the verse is something too.

I haven't focused my energies into liking anything since that song, actually. It's as if I don't like anything unless I'm ordered to, and nobody with the authority has rec'd me recently. I tried making a schedule of critically acclaimed shit to listen to. You'd think the internet hivemind would be a good enough authority, but then I realized that I didn't have anybody to impress.

Nobody to impress? All right, I'm going to listen to Lana Del Rey demos on Tumblr while RainyMood.mp3 plays on VLC.

But even that, I like because of someone else. 

Monday 1 October 2012
Categories: , , | Comments Off