October

ABC Classic 100: 5 out of eight predictions correct, 7/10 if you count the "other things by those composers". Cool. Suite Bergamasque (ie. Clair de Lune) juuuust missed it at no. 11, Massenet and Delibes at 14 and 15 respectively.

Spotify: Spotify is horrible and seems to pick the worst things you've listened to to put in your top artists/tracks. The Pitchfork disciples therefore have theirs hidden, but I can still see using Swarm.fm. You can't win. Amusingly, the flamboyant Nicki Minaj fan is now listening to Bon Iver. That's what uni does to you, I guess.

CDs: Counted my CDs and marked them as owned on RYM. There's a few I haven't marked, but I don't know what they are! I also felt a bit sad looking at Pixies and Talking Heads albums, because I doubt that I'll want to touch them again for a while.

Festivals: My white, upper-middle class, Triple J listener friends always complain of drunk bogans at festivals. Looking at photos though, they could easily be mistaken for drunken bogans. I bet the people they complain about are just other middle-class kids.

Identity: I have learnt from conversations in my chemistry lab that people actually do use the term "Triple J" to describe their music taste. A lot of information conveyed in one word and one letter. I am not ignorant enough to say "everything", so I guess I'll go with "elitist", like one guy in this article.


Listened List:
Swans - The Seer (?/10)
Susanne Sundfor - The Silicone Veil (8/10)
Angel Olsen - Half Way Home (7/10)
Bat For Lashes - The Haunted Man (7/10)
Henry Wagons - Expecting Company (7/10)
Aleks & The Ramps - Facts (6/10)
Lisa Mitchell - Bless This Mess (5/10)
Bertie Blackman - Pope Innocent X (4/10)
Tori Amos - Gold Dust (4/10)

Sunday 14 October 2012
Categories: , , , , , , , | Comments Off