Ten Albums

Prompted by /r/music, in no particular order. I know that I'm boring.

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
This might be the only album that I can listen to on repeat, in full.

Arcade Fire - Funeral
I remember when everybody was raving about The Suburbs, and I didn't get the hype for this band. Until I listened to this.

The National - Boxer
More vocalists should sound like Matt Berninger, and more bands should have a horn section. I like High Violet almost as much, but this one has the lyrics, "Sometimes you get up and bake a cake or something."

Pixies - Surfer Rosa
Doolittle is probably better, but I just can't listen to it any more.

Radiohead - In Rainbows
I am happy to know that it has become acceptable to like In Rainbows. If it's good enough for Steve Reich, it's good enough for me.

Sufjan Stevens - Age of Adz
I don't like electronics, and I don't like Jesus, but this album makes me want to reconsider my position on those things.

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
American, easier-to-digest Radiohead. That's a good thing.

You Am I - Hourly, Daily
Quote from some random on RYM: "If you have ever lived in Sydney, this album will go straight to your heart."

The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I
I love this because I can't buy it. Every physical format of it seems to be out of print. If I get stupidly rich, I will spend my wealth trying to find it.

Fiona Apple - When The Pawn...
Token female artist for my list, whoops. The only female singer who sings in my range, and "Get Gone" got me through senior year.

Tuesday 10 July 2012
Categories: , | Comments Off